Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen Layer Fraction - Gas Assist (3D, 2014)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1065 Views, 1 Reply

Frozen Layer Fraction - Gas Assist (3D, 2014)

Hello

I have a question about the new Frozen Layer Fraction result in 3D for 2014, for Gas Assisted Injection Molding analysis.  When looking at the result with a gas filled part, in the gas filled area, does the frozen fraction take the empty space into account as not being frozen?  In other words, does a 0.25 fraction mean the part is 100% frozen if the area is filled with 75% gas?

Take a look at the attached images showing gas core and frozen fraction after 100s cooling.  Then look at the molten material (all material above transition Temperature of 231.8 F), and you will see that some areas show no molten material where the frozen fraction is still ~0.25.  Makes me think the gas in between is taken into account with the frozen layer fraction.

Please let me know if I am correct in my assumptions.

Thanks

Nick

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nicola.pavan
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

the gas analysis with 3D mesh doesn't report the thickness of polymer skin, thus the percentage of frozen layer is referred to the original part thickness before gas injection.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report