Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber Orientation Tensor Exportation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cwitzgall
664 Views, 1 Reply

Fiber Orientation Tensor Exportation

Hey,

while working with AMI 2012 for university, I am facing several issues with fiber orientation tensor. Probably some of you had the same issues and found a way to fix them.

Let me briefly explain what I am doing:

1) First Mesh creation is in HyperMesh 11, I create a triangular surface Mesh there, refining it by halfing edge length 2 or 3 times. These handful of surface meshes are imported to AMI via *.nas and each study is remeshed with 3d solids there. - works fine.

2) After completion of Fill+Pack analysis, I need to export the fiber orientation tensor as a *.nod to work with it.

Here is where I start wondering; the exported *.nod file has way less entries than I should have nodes. For my finest mesh stage (about 2.5 mio elements in AMI), I only gain about 470.000 Node entries in the file. (Though there should be way more nodes in the model!)

3) Next step is exporting the mesh via mpi2abq and loading the *.inp back into HyperMesh, as it is important for me to find out a) where the nodeIDs are located (would be possible in AMI, too), and b) which nodes in the refined meshes equal which ones in the coarse first-mesh.

This export is the step that causes my problems: while it works great for the coarse meshes, it stops working in my refined mesh stage (the one mentioned above, with the 2.5 mio elements in AMI).

In the coarse meshes, I can approve that the node IDs i discover in HyperMesh are the same node IDs as in AMI - just the way it should be.

However, while using my refined mesh, the node IDs differ. I get node IDs that are even higher than the maximum of the node IDs listed within the exported fiber orientation tensor file.

I really hope you can understand what I was trying to explain.

I'd appreciate every help or hints.

Best wishes

Chris

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: cwitzgall

Hi Chris,

It took 2 yrs for me to view this issue, my bad.

For 2nd point, i guess you need to ensure that all the entities you wanted to export are selected in Layers checkbox, then export, so that it will be exported as you desired.
For 3rd point, you may need to purge nodes & properties that are not connected to your model elements, so that nodeID will be similar.

Regards,
Mayur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report