Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber concentration

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dinesh27mec
711 Views, 7 Replies

Fiber concentration

Hi all, 

Do we have any plot in Moldflow, which aids in determining the fiber conentration in particular region ?

For Ex : I need to know amount of fiber  present in my part as well as in ribs or other features .

Thanks in advance !

Dinesh Kumar D
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tim.vanast
in reply to: dinesh27mec

I'm curious about your question.  If we assume a 30% short glass filled material, why do you suspect that there is more, or less, fiber in one area of the part compared to another area?

Tim

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I want to add on this,

why moldflow does not predict the E-modulus for unfilled material.

Inba Sudhahar D

Mail: inba.oneway777@gmail.com
Phone: +91-9884929216
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the answer is accepted as a solution. Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 4 of 8
dinesh27mec
in reply to: tim.vanast

Tim,

I am not suspecting it to be varying, but i intentionally need to do it for my application. So as to have rich fiber filled material at one surface, while other surface it starved for fiber. 

So i need help of moldflow to simulate the same .

Thanks

Dinesh Kumar D
Message 5 of 8
tim.vanast

I've heard of running the tool temperature high in order to create a "resin rich surface" for better appearance.  But I've not heard of trying to get more glass on one surface, and less on another.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure the glass is the smart. Most of the glass fibers have a chemical coupling agent on them to attach them to the resign.  So I don't think it's really possible to shift glass filler one way or another. 

I know people are doing some glass mat overmolding, where they have a unidirectional glass fiber mat (or multi-layer) that injection mold over.  This gives glass on one side on and resin on the other.  But I'm not sure this is what you are trying to achive.

Good luck,

Tim

Message 6 of 8
dinesh27mec

I may be late .

Apologies Tim, i misunderstood the whole concept. As you rightly mentioned, i need resin rich layer to avoid reduction in wearing out of another metal part to be assembled to this molded part.

Thanks

Dinesh Kumar D
Message 7 of 8
tim.vanast

The only way I've ever heard of that is to use a hot mold.  While you can use Moldflow to simulate a hot mold, it will not tell you anything about what that does to the fibers or the amount of fibers on the surface.

Regards,

Tim

Message 8 of 8
dinesh27mec

Thanks Tim !
Dinesh Kumar D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report