Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export warped geometry, but restricted to X/Y - possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
harald_goetz
472 Views, 4 Replies

Export warped geometry, but restricted to X/Y - possible?

I'm looking for a way to export warped geometry from Moldflow.

That is usually easy.

But I want to export only the X and Y deformations without the Z-direction.

Is that possible?

Best regards

Harald

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dinesh27mec
in reply to: harald_goetz

Hi Harald,

If i understood your question right, under warp results we get :

1. deflection, all effects: Deflection
  2. deflection, all effects : X Component
  3. deflection, all effects: Y Component
  4. deflection, all effects: Z component

If you right click on individual component (For Ex: X component), you will get drop down where you select " Mark  for export" and then follow step 3 - 6 in below mentioned procedure:

Exporting results to an Moldflow Results file

You can create a results file to view in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Communicator when you export the results in Moldflow Results file (*.mfr) format.

Note: Moldflow Results file can contain a maximum of 2 studies. You can export a maximum of 8 results per solver type from each study.
  1. Right-click a result name in the list of results and select Mark for export. An asterisk appears after the result name. It has now been marked for export.
  2. Repeat to mark additional results for export in the same way.
    Tip: You can export the same results from 2 studies by marking the results in each of the studies, and then using the Control or Shift key to select both studies. Continue with the steps below to create the Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Communicatorresults file with results from both studies.
  3. Click Moldflow Results (Results tab > Export and Publish panel > Moldflow Results).
  4. Navigate to the location in which you want to save the results file.
  5. In the File name text box, enter a name for the results file.
  6. Select Moldflow Results file (*.mfr) in the Save as type drop-down list, and then click Save. A confirmation dialog appears to inform you the results were exported successfully.
Note: You can deselect all results that have been marked for export by right-clicking on any result, and then selecting Unmark All for Export.

Dinesh Kumar D
Message 3 of 5
harald_goetz
in reply to: dinesh27mec

Hello Dinesh,

actually I´m trying to export an STL file without Z-deformation (I do have reasons for that, I just can't share these here).

So for me it seems, that this is not possible now. I would like to see that as a feature, but maybe there is a way via script?

Thanks for lloking into that issue Dinesh.

Harald

Message 4 of 5

Right now we  can export a warped model which includes X,Y & Z deflection

1. If you would like use the same for comparison of scanned production sample with moldflow results,use option -Actual.

2. If you would like use the same for wap compensated tool impression creation use option -Opposite.

fill.png

'

If you have any other special requirement, please post the request in 'Simulation Moldflow IdeaStation' with genuine reason and use. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/91/tab/most-recent

If your idea get more 'kudos', It may be  implemented in upcoming releases

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 5 of 5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report