Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Properties to Digimat

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1848 Views, 5 Replies

Export Properties to Digimat

I'm using AMI 2011 and I'm trying to export data for Digimat. Does anyone know how to create the transfer files for Digimat from Moldflow?  Do you need MSA?

Thanks,

Erik

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AfshinParvazi7236
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

you don´t need MSA to transfer data for Digimat. You need to export fiberorientations as xml, just highlight orientation (make sure you have elment based orientation because 2011version contains nodebased orientation results) and click on results- and export like you see in the attached picture.

MSA is transfering data to Ansys ABAQUS and Algor and digimat is doing the same.

thanks&Ragards

Message 3 of 6
pk_vel
in reply to: AfshinParvazi7236

Hello Afshin,

I am using AMI 2011 and I am trying to export the Fiber orientation of a 3D analysis to Digimat which then I will be importing to Ansys. I also have MSA, Digimat and Ansys12 in my system.

From your message I understand that MSA is not needed for exporting Fiber orientation to Ansys if we have Digimat. So please guide me how to export the Fiber orientation from Moldflow to Digimat. Also explain how to change the nodebased orientation results to Element based orientation.

Regards

PK

Message 4 of 6
AfshinParvazi7236
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

righ click the results->new plots and plot fiber orientation tensor (element).

Default fiber orientation tensor result is based on nodes which is not working for Digimat.

(MSA would use node based orientaion although and will also map material data too)

hope this helps

you can than export xlm files after highlighting this result

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Do we need to run MSA or Digimat if we used only filled material like Glass, Mica etc?

What happens if we export the unfilled polymer properties from moldflow to Ansys, do we still get the same orthotropic properties?

Please share your views.

Regards

JK

Message 6 of 6

hi

I have the same doubts as well, if you have any ideas about this patching/mapping of unfilled materials.

please share your views...

thanks in advance

Arun Prakash

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report