Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export CAD from Moldflow to Catia

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mtrujil1
635 Views, 3 Replies

Export CAD from Moldflow to Catia

is possible export a CAD from Moldflow to Catia??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

There are a few options to export, however it depends on what mesh type you are using and what you are trying to export, i.e., exporting results, the geometry, etc.

Let me know.

Thank you,

Caitlin Tschappat

Message 3 of 4

ok, for example if i have one CAD file imported in Moldflow & wants make some changes in the structure, is possible export the geometry (Part) and then import again to moldflow??? wich extension is proper??  if i want open the file in Catia or NX.

Regards

Message 4 of 4

Hello,

Although Moldflow can export certain formats, many of which are usable in external CAD programs (IGS, Patran, etc.), Moldflow is not a CAD modeling tool and thus changes should be made in CAD modeling programs with the new model imported into Moldflow.  Ideally, you would want to make structual changes in your CAD package, then reimport any changed geometry into Moldflow if you want to reanalyze it.  You can use Moldflow to make structural changes, however there are limitations in doing so.  I believe Catia can supprt IGES files which Moldflow can export, but to be 100% you'll want to determine which file types of sutiable for Catia and we let you know if we support it.  

Thank you,

Caitlin Tschappat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report