Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1920: MITSI 2014 Job Manager' (mitsijm2014) failed to start

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
b8smat
684 Views, 2 Replies

Error 1920: MITSI 2014 Job Manager' (mitsijm2014) failed to start

Whatever I try I cannot get Autodesk Inventor to install on Windows 8.1 64 bit, I usually get an error such as

Error 1920. Service 'Autodesk Simulation Moldflow MITSI 2014 Job Manager' (mitsijm2014) failed to start.

I have tried many different things including...

1) installing different versions of Inventor (2012, 2013, 2014, etc)

2) installing using all the suggested methods (download, virtual assistant, etc.)

3) updating to the latests versions of .NET runtime, Visual C runtime, DirectX, etc.

4) renaming msvcr100.dll in C:\Windows\System32” to msvcr100.bak

5) running the installer as an administrator

None of these suggestions make any difference. Indeed, if I manually attempt to start the mitsijm.exe program I also get an error saying it failed to start, the code was 0xC00007b

There is obviously something simple preventing mitsijm from starting, but I have no idea what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

I have seen some reports on tomshardware.com that that error code can be related to mixing 32 and 64 bit versions of things. Maybe somehow Autodesk has installed the wrong version of something somewhere?

All of these attempts have left a lot of Autodesk junk laying around on my PC and uninstalling everything Autodesk from the control panel doesn't help. Maybe there is some better way to cleanly uninstall everything.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
inba.oneway777
in reply to: b8smat

Hi,

1920 is a generic error code that means the service didn't start.

Open Run (Press Windows key + R) > type services.msc and click on OK

On the services MMC window right-click on "Autodesk Inventor" Protection Platform and select Properties

Select the LOG ON tab > change the ‘Log on as’ information from ‘This Account’ (Network Service) to ‘Local System Account’

Click on Apply and OK

If its not give solution. please reply me.

Inba Sudhahar D

Mail: inba.oneway777@gmail.com
Phone: +91-9884929216
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the answer is accepted as a solution. Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 3 of 3
neildmd
in reply to: b8smat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report