Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electric component encapsulation fill analysis

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ru.zhao
593 Views, 5 Replies

Electric component encapsulation fill analysis

Hi, I am looking for help on how to do fill analysis on electric component such PC board. I am a beginner on this topic.

I am trying to simulate encapsulation of PC board using epoxy. Are there any material/tutorial/presentaion on this topic?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kristen.kilroy
in reply to: ru.zhao

Hello ru.zhao,

It sounds like you want to run something along the lines of Moldflow's Microchip Encapsulation analysis. There is some good information in Insight's help on this topic (if you haven't viewed it already), as well as a guide on how to create this kind of an analysis: ASMI Online Help: Microchip Encapsulation Analysis.

In order to run a microchip encapsulation analysis, it does require either a premium or ultimate licence of Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight. 

I hope this helps!

Regards,

-Kristen

Kristen Kilroy

in reply to: kristen.kilroy

How do I know what kind of license level I have?

Attach is my analysis sequence I found in my package. Am I be able to perform the encapsulation analysis with current analysis sequence?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
kristen.kilroy

Hi ru.zhao, 

You can check your license type by going to the arrow next to the (?) on the top right corner of the window (see below). Select "About Autodesk Simulation Moldflow...". In the Installation Information area, your license type should be listed next to the serial number. It will look similar to the image below, right.  

About.png  License.png

A simpler way of checking would be to go to the Simulation analysis type (shown below), and rather than thermoplastic injection molding, check to see if the Microchip Encapsulation option is available. If you do not see it, then you may not have the appropriate license. 

Microchip_Encapsulation.png

Regards,

-Kristen

Kristen Kilroy

in reply to: kristen.kilroy

Thanks. The information you provided is really helpful.

Message 6 of 6
kristen.kilroy

Happy to help!

Regards,

-Kristen

Kristen Kilroy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report