Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOE Control Panel issue - And %Filling Pressure DOE

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JayMuller
378 Views, 1 Reply

DOE Control Panel issue - And %Filling Pressure DOE

Dear All,

Not one day in Moldflow country without running over BUGS.

Just wanted to start the control panel from one of my (NOT XY) DOE results, but right click menu the feature was grey.

e.g. Deflection all effects (DOE)...grey....can't click.

THEN I created an new plot (the same Deflection all effects DOE) - And WOW it works...now I can select Show control panel.

AND another question...think I understood sth wrong and need some help.

What should I do with a %Filling Pressure DOE result that ranges from -1 to 1  What %Filling Pressure would be -1 (minus 100%???)

Couldn't be !?!

Many thanks to all.

Regards,

JAY

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
WarpGuru
in reply to: JayMuller

Hi Jay,

There are two types of display results attached to a DOE Analysis of Response (three if you consider the "Result Comparison Explorer").

The first type is a "Contour" result. This type of result can be identified by names ending with "######(DOE)". A "Contour" result is represented directly on the part. The purpose of a "Contour" result is to observe directly on the part the effect of variables on the quality results. For this reason, "Contours" always have access to the "Control Panel" so the user may vary the variables. This type of result is most interesting for "Deflections" as the "Contour" result will show the variation of warpage on the part.

The second type of result is a "Response" result. This type of result can be identified by names ending with "######(DOE):Response Surface Plot" or "######(DOE):XY Plot". If the result is an "XY Plot", only one variable will be represented on the plot. The remaining ones can be varied or switched with the primary through the "Control Panel". If the result is a "Response Surface Plot", two variables will be represented on the plot. Again, the remaining ones can be varied or switched with the primary or the secondary through the "Control Panel". Therefore, if you have one variable, you will have only access to the "XY Plot" results and no access to the "Control Panel". If you have two variables, you will have access to both "XY Plot" and "Response Surface Plot" but only the "XY Plot" will have access to the "Control Panel".

To get access to the "Control Panel" or plot "Properties", the result must be active. Upon activation of the result, the "Control Panel" will automatically appear on the lower right corner of your screen. If the "Control Panel" is manually closed, it can be reopened through a right click on the result name inside the result tree.

Now, about profiles, a profile is composed by two sets of values {{X_i},{Y_i}}. For a DOE analysis, two profiles are required, a minimum profile and a maximum profile. All intermediary profiles can be determined by linear interpolation. The simplest way to represent this linear interpolation and only way to represent profiles inside the log is to associate the minimum/maximum profiles to single values. In Autodesk Moldflow, it was chosen [-1,+1], e.g., the value “-1” for the minimum profile and the value “+1” for the maximum profile. To transfer back the optimum value found in the log into a full profile:

For all X values:

profile_X_i =  log_value * (profile_X_max_i - profile_X_min_i)/2 + profile_X_min_i

For all Y values:

profile_Y_i =  log_value * (profile_Y_max_i - profile_Y_min_i)/2 + profile_Y_min_i

I hope I have answered your questions. I tried to answer the best I could about “Control Panel”, but if I missed the point, please add more details to the description of the problem (workflow, illustrations).

The optimization feature is a relatively new feature and we have been looking forward to our customer feedbacks to help us with directions. Your passionate replies toward DOE are a fantastic motivation for us because it proves we are going the right way, even if it needs improvements. Please look forward to the coming changes and improvements.

Do not hesitate to post observations and questions on the forum.

Best regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report