Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diffrence in warpage

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
577 Views, 2 Replies

Diffrence in warpage

Hi everybody

I have done a warpage analyse and maximum warpage was 2.5 mm . But when I defined mold surface , warpage changed to 0.2 mm in opposit direction !  .  I m confused should i define mold surface area for warpage and is it necessary for warpage analyse or not ?

With Best Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nordhb
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,
description is a bit short and more information is needed to understand this specific issue.

Generally: With mold surface modeled, it is assumed cooling circuits and cooling analysis has been done.
When adding cooling, this can affect final shape.

The magnitude change mentioned can be realistic, and depends on part design, material,  cooling circuits layout, process settings and so on.

Initially one run analysis and compare warpage trends to find what performs best.
Then add cooling to analyze if the trend is the same or changes.

To understand what affects warpage, what contributes most to deflection result,  you could also run analysis with option "isolate cause of warpage". 

To compare analysis when a model change, the use of Anchor plane is a good way.
This is found at tab Results, Visualize. One use 3 nodes for creating the Anchor plane.
Then same plane for comparing deflections can be used, comparing different analysis.

Have you compared surface temperatures on your initial analysis, and surface temperatures when cooling analysis?
From the magnitude mentioned, it seems as the introduction of cooling analysis, shows a temperature difference that affects the deflection result.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: nordhb

Hi

Thanks a lot for your suitable response .

Shahab

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report