Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in flow analysis results with fiber option &without fiber option

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
madhukeshwar
427 Views, 7 Replies

Difference in flow analysis results with fiber option &without fiber option

Dear All,

Has anyone worked and compared flow results for a fiber reinforced grade in these two scenarios when you do not use fiber license for flow analysis and when you use fiber license for flow analysis. What can be the differences?

Thanks & Regards,

Madhukeshwar.T
Mob:- 9970195704
E-mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
raalteh
in reply to: madhukeshwar

Hi Madhukeshwar,

The pure flow results should be identical with and without a fiber analysis. The fiber orientation is derived from the flow analysis, but does not feed back into it.

Hanno
Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 3 of 8
kameshwarang

i tried running all analysis with and without fibre license, and observed no change in results.Can anybody tell me, where exactly its significance can be felt.
regards
kameshwarang.G
Message 4 of 8
chris.nelson

Pretty sure it's only used in warpage analyses.

-Chris
Message 5 of 8

Good Day,

There is no difference in the results between the Fill + Pack and Fill + Pack with Fiber. There are additional results that are created by the Filber Flow analysis that you can look at, but the Fiber results are primarily used for the warpage analysis so the influence of the fiber orientation can be properly accounted for in the warpage analysis.

Regards,
Jay Shoemaker
Message 6 of 8

we had observed the same as Mr. Kameshwarn said.

Thanks to you all for confirming the same.
Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 7 of 8
kameshwarang

yeah i could see the difference in warpage results, but only when the filled material has relevant data.i used many materials which did not have CRIMS data, and they gave same warp results, finalyy i tried with a material having CRIMS data, and found the results to vary.
regards
kameshwarang.G
Message 8 of 8

yes , there is difference in warpage results
Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report