Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corner effect Vs warpage

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
anoopvravi
1396 Views, 4 Replies

corner effect Vs warpage

Hello Friends,

Hope all r doing well....

i am doing  moldflow for an HIPS part whose depth is around 300mm from the parting surface. so for this part i am facing warpage issues due to Corner effect & differential shrinkage. Part thickness is of 2.5mm (uniform thickness). Ribs are not provided  as it will effect the functionality of the part. so what my question is..

how can this corner effect be reduced ?

Note : only Flow + warp is done & with single / three hot drop

Thanks and Regards,
Anoop
Samvardhana Motherson
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
aritra_thakur
in reply to: anoopvravi

Hello Anoop,

Can you please provide a snap shot of the part which you are trying to analyse.

Regards

Message 3 of 5
shrihari_rasal

Hi Anoop,

Corner effect values is mainly due to heat build up in areas from where it no being extracted effectively.

If you have run analysis only considering ideal cooling condition then its very difficult to trobleshoot on them.

If you model cooling channel and correlate with hot spot on part with maximum deflection due to corner effects will lead to positive interpretation.

More ever you can identify those areas and give proper cooling by adding baffles/bublers to avoid mold restrain.

This will help to reduce warpage.

@anoopvravi wrote:

Hello Friends,

Hope all r doing well....

i am doing  moldflow for an HIPS part whose depth is around 300mm from the parting surface. so for this part i am facing warpage issues due to Corner effect & differential shrinkage. Part thickness is of 2.5mm (uniform thickness). Ribs are not provided  as it will effect the functionality of the part. so what my question is..

how can this corner effect be reduced ?

Note : only Flow + warp is done & with single / three hot drop

Thanks

Shrihari

Message 4 of 5

AFAIK The corner effect implemented in the software is volumetric shrinkage dependent hence the only way to reduce the effect is to use high packing pressure over long time.         

Regards

Gal

Message 5 of 5
madhukeshwart

Hi Anoop,

corner effect is the effect due to difference in shriankge of element in plane direction and in thickness direction.

and also due to difference in temperature of cavity and core side at corners.

It should not be enabled for falt parts.

Try with

1. achiving unform cooling at corners( both cavity and core side)

2. increasing the packing pressure and packing time.

3. If packing time is limited due to gate freezing time, then increase gate thickness. which

increases gate freezing time.

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report