Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling with occurance number two

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
plastr
438 Views, 3 Replies

Cooling with occurance number two

Dear All,

I am trying to do cooling anaysis for part ( 2 cavity) whose  mid plane mesh size is high( each part with 52,000 elements). From last three days analysis is running but completed only 41 % .

Due to urgency I am vioalating basic rule of moldflow as below.

As My cooling for two cavities are separate ,I am doing cooling analysis for only one part with occurance of two .

I am giving occurance of two to avoid tonnage & pressure difference. I am unable to judge what changes will be observed in output results . What will be difference in warpage if I do it . Please suggest me ,It will help to increse my knowledge.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nishit78
in reply to: plastr

May be i am putting it too harshly but you cannot (or rather should not) use occurence numbers when analyzing cool & warp.

Perhaps this is where your problem lies.

From moldflow help:

If you intend to proceed to a Cool, Warp or Stress analysis, you cannot use occurrence numbers to represent a portion of a part.You must model the entire part.

Message 3 of 4
tim.vanast

If your parts are identical, and the cooling is separate for each part (ie cooling lines do not run across both parts, then I think you would be safe with your results. 

And in a pinch, i think you could get away with the cooling even if it does run across both parts as long as there is not too much heat increase in the channel.

Regards,

Tim

Message 4 of 4
madhukeshwart

1. cooling and warp analysis -occurance no of will not work.

2. Create full model and take a help from moldflow tech support to run the analysis.

3. Try with different solver options to run bigger models.

Hope it help

Regards,

Madhukeshwar Talwar

Chrysler India Automotive Pvt. Ltd.

Cell No: +91-9600060862/852

mail id : madhukeshwart@gmail.com

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report