Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling Analysis Question

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ben_mendenhall
887 Views, 6 Replies

Cooling Analysis Question

I have been running Cool Fill Pack Warp studies and for some reason when I run another one, the previous study un-highlights the cooling part. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong.

I have attached a photo of the tasks window.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JayMuller
in reply to: ben_mendenhall

Dear Ben,

I had the same mistake with version 2013. MF lost the complete cool analysis.

In my case the study folder (locally saved) was huge - about 50GB.

Maybe my workstation was/is too slow, but I copied the folder, opened the copy and deleted everything till the one I was working with and saved.

The new folder only had a few GB, and everything was working again.

If you have a Monster Workstation (over 100GB of RAM) this wouldn't be the issue.

Regards,

Jay

Message 3 of 7
ben_mendenhall
in reply to: JayMuller

Dear Jay,

I am using version 2014 currently. The file size is about 7GB right now and my workstation has 40GB RAM.

So you're saying that deleting older studies could help?

Thanks,

Ben

Message 4 of 7
JayMuller

Dear Ben,

with this machine maybe not (I got 16GB RAM) - are you working on your local hard drive or network?

In my case it was kind a time out because of not enough memory...this could be over a network too.

You can try with a copy - I am not telling you deleting your older simulations but sometimes MF needs a redux version of the study folder.

Message 5 of 7
JayMuller

I remember someting else...are your cool result plots still there and working?

Then it is only a graphical bug within 2014...you reopen and it is back, sometimes not.

If your results are still there I wouldn't worry

Message 6 of 7
ben_mendenhall
in reply to: JayMuller

We always copy the project over to the workstation.

The results dissapear on the previous study after running another study. I'm not really sure if it's operator error of if there is some kind

of setting I can dissable.

Message 7 of 7

Copy the temperoary files (from installation folder) to the respective project folder.... It will ask whether you need to replace existing files... press OK

Again re-open the project in AMI, you can see the Colored Icon (to display the analysis complete status). 

This may due to space constriant in hard disk or network error

Thanks

M P Pradeep Kumar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report