Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool(BEM) doesn't look for space on the right drive!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
piotr.wozniacki
738 Views, 4 Replies

Cool(BEM) doesn't look for space on the right drive!

Hi Team!

Even though I have my ASMI 2015 Temporary Files as well as Windows TMP/TEMP folders moved from a small system drive C:\ to a large data drive D:\, when it comes to run a large Cool (BEM) analysis (or any Cool(BEM) analysis w/o Mesh Aggregation), the program only looks for space on the system drive C:\ and aborts due to low space there. On drive D:\, I still have almost 1TB of free space!

This is a bug; please inform Development; Thanks

Piotr

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello Piotr,

Please log that through subscription center.

You need to check your temp directory is properly set in registry : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Moldflow Insight\2015\Environment

If you changed it manually there, ensure you restarted the job manager.

I haven't been able to reproduce your issue, it works well for me, screen output showing disk available for D drive

Thanks

regards

Yannick

Message 3 of 5

Dear Yannick - as I said, my temporary files are set to D:\ASMI2015 Temporary Files in the Registry.

I did create a support case for it; Thank you

Piotr

Message 4 of 5

There are 2 places in the registry...one for synergy and one for insight.

Ensure it is the one for insight you setup, and if you edited them manually, a restart of job manager is necessary.

Also, you can check your server properties in job manager that it is taken into account.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5

Bingo!

Both Insight and Synergy's environments are set to 😧 in the registry, but - for a reason I don't understand - the Job Manager has been set to C: (even though a directory doesn't even exist there). I have no idea how it changed, as it was set to D:\ last time I checked (when running a DOE using additional server).

I changed the setting in the Job Manager props and everything is OK now; thank Yannick!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report