Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD Doctor: "Failed to export"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
p.wozniacki
951 Views, 4 Replies

CAD Doctor: "Failed to export"

I realize that - with the Autodesk Inventor Fusion technology around the corner - using CAD Doctor software will soon become obsolete, but still there is a lot of great functionality in this program (especially in the Simplification area). However, I do have some basic problem with CAD Doctor 2011, installed on both my machines (Vista and windows 7, both x64 versions):

- I simply cannot export any model (imported as IGES to Cad Doctor) to the UDM format!

After simplifying and cleaning a model, trying to export it (no matter which udm options used), ends up with the error message"

"Failed to export".

This looks to me as some access rights problem, or a similar trivial thing - but really don't know how to make CAD Doctor functional. Any help appreciated

Piotr

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nordhb
in reply to: p.wozniacki

Hello Piotr,
- can you save the file in Cad Doctor to a .drf-file? (File>Save As...)
- can you export it to local drive? Still the same message?

Is this a small or large geometry?

Basically, this seems to be geometry related, and adjustment of tolerances could help.

Suggest you to contact your local support for troubleshooting.
Attach the original iges-file  and the .drf-file that does not export.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 5
p.wozniacki
in reply to: nordhb

Hi Berndt

Thanks for the answer. I'm afraid your suggestions do not apply - my CAD Doctor installation must have gone south somehow, as it can't export ANY model (simple or complicated, no matter).

Unfortunately, re-installing CAD Doctor doesn't help, either. hat's more, the same happens on BOTH my computers!

Piotr

Message 4 of 5
p.wozniacki

OK, so I've experimented a bit, and I finally managed to export an udm file from CAD Doctor!

I had to launch CAD Dr as Administrator, and export to a folder NOT belonging to ANY user space (like directly to the root of the C:\ drive).

This work-around might work, but can someone explain why can't I just export to my own Documents area, having launched CAD Doctor under my own user name?!!

PS. Didn't I say the problem had to be related with access rights?

Piotr

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

CADdoctor is the best 3D CAD data translation software available in market and it can very well work with mould flow ( which is acquired by autodesk \m/) the features and funtionalities are immense.

Globematics Technologies is a authoriesd resellers of CAD doctor in INDIA, they provide all the information  related to CADdoctor funtionalities and usability, along with ROI calculations. they can be reached at gt.mt@globematics.com.

With increasing competition, the amount of time designers spend during data healing can be effectively utilized for some other constructive work, with CADdoctor, data healing becomes very simple.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report