Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Moldflow Scandium Technology Preview 3 is now available!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
raalteh
2585 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk Moldflow Scandium Technology Preview 3 is now available!

The Scandium ii Technology Preview Moldflow for Insight users is now available on Autodesk Labs.

This technology preview contains a number of exciting concepts we would like to have your feedback on. These include:

1. Transient Mold Temperatures: an extension to Dual Domain thermoplastic molding (no link back to flow for this technology preview), and the extension of the Transient Mold Temperatures for 3D Thermosets.
  2. Wall Slip condition: releases the assumption of the melt sticking to the mold and lets the melt slip along the mold surface.
  3. Long Fiber breakage: extending the new Long Fiber orientation capabilities to include fiber breakage.
  4. Fiber orientation for 3D thermoset molding processes: extending the fiber orientation capabilities for thermoset materials in supported 3D analysis processes.
  5. Parallelized Midplane and Dual Domain flow: solve your Midplane and Dual Domain flow analysis quicker using the parallel calculation option.
  6. Visco-elasticity for Midplane and Dual Domain warp: account for visco-elastic mechanical behavior for Midplane and Dual domain models.
  7. Crystallization: new improvements in the crystallization calculations in Midplane and Dual Domain.

For a complete overview of the technology preview update visit the Scandium page on Autodesk Labs or read the "what's new in this Technology Preview"

Autodesk Moldflow Scandium Technology Preview II requires Autodesk Moldflow Insight 2012 licenses. The project will expire on December 25th 2011.

Please provide your feedback to: labs.moldflow.scandium@autodesk.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Hanno van Raalte and the Autodesk Moldflow development team.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
scott.sheppard
in reply to: raalteh

People who have tried it can post feedback to this thread. Your experience shapes the future of our technology.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8

So a short feedback about the new wall slippage function.

I´m glad about this new feature, because it´s very useful for the calculation of rubber parts. With the right values the flow front is much better predicted then without. It´s a good start for the rubber calculations but I think there have to be much more improvements in the inertia effects calculation. There are many problems with the jetting predictions.

To the transient molding feature I have to say that it´s absolutely necessary to implement parts insert in the meshing tool, if there is no CAD-mold.

I wish I could say more to the other features, but the problem is that the most of them aren´t for the 3D calcutation. We mostly use 3D calculation, so I hope that the developtment is more weighted in the next releases.

Message 4 of 8
raalteh
in reply to: harald.kreidner

Dear Harald,

Thank you for your feedback. We expect the wall-slip condition particularly beneficial for Rubber products and Metal Injection Molding (MIM). It's good to see this at least partially validated by your observations.

Regarding the jetting problems you are still seeing; could you provide the models through either the Labs page or through support, with a clear description of the problem, so our developers can investigate these issues.

Regarding the insert meshing, the meshing development was not completed at the time of the release of the technology preview.

3D will obviously remain a big focal point of our developent. With this Scandium Technology preview, we show a number of developements where Midplane/Dual Domain is catching up with 3D. This does not reflect a change in focus :-).

Best regards, and again, thanks again for your feedback.

Hanno van Raalte 

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 5 of 8
sadashiv

Checking the new Cool FEM analysis is really helpful to watch the complete Time dependent Temp.

the analysis will be complete once The heat transfer from hot runner is included in the process

Flow Solver is taking really wrong and i still have to check what advantage it is giving over conduction solver.

Invertor fusion is a gr8 help to create the cold runner and hot runner in 3D

it is be also useful if the Cavity duplication Wizard is also added in Invertor fusion. The rectu and circular pattern can also do it but cavity duplication will also be useful just to create a complete cold runner and 8 to 64 cavities in invertor fusion

The Meltfillper effect is not easy to simulate to refine the mesh and wait that this time Meltflipper effect will be simulated is not a good way.

Is the  use the Flow Solver in Cool FEM  help to show the Meltflipper effect? if yes do let me know i will check it

Message 6 of 8
BerndNagel5755

Dear Hanno,

there are lot of new interesting features. But I am still missing a feature I asked for several times.

I have to simulate many parts with inserts. Most of them electrical contacts. Often the contacts could only be fixed in one direction in the mold. For example the contact is fixed with a pin in +Z direction and is free in -Z direction.

The customer is now interested in the deformation in the -z direction.There are cases the insert get in contact with the mold surface.

The same problem exists if you have a mold core which is touched by a slide core only from one side.

At the moment it is not possible to set the constraints in coreshift calculation, so that I am able to simulate such a problem.

I know there are many topics which have to be developed, but I give not up the hope, that this feature will be included in the software. I think I am not alone with this problem an insert overmolding is coming more and more.

Best Regards

Bernd

Message 7 of 8

The technology preview will expire on December 25. The team is considering a new technology preview after the new year - no promises though.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8

I have posted technology preview 3 to the Autodesk Labs site.

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/moldflow_scandium/

This technology preview will expire on June 17, 2012.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report