Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign temperature distribution to part insert

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KaindlJ
684 Views, 3 Replies

Assign temperature distribution to part insert

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate a higher temp 2 shot mold, and was wondering if it's possible to export the bulk temperature result from the 1st shot (at ejection time), and then assign it to the part insert body for the 2nd shot?

Right now the 1st shot is assumed to be isothermal when used as a part insert, but there are several very thin wall sections that cool much faster than the largest cross sections of the part. I could see this being an issue when it comes time to run warp and cool simulations on this model.

Regards,

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
madhukeshwart
in reply to: KaindlJ

Better to run the analysis as Sequential overmolded option

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 3 of 4
KaindlJ
in reply to: madhukeshwart

Madhukeshwar,

Thank you for your advice. I can run the fill, pack, and warp with the overmold simulation but I cannot run cooling to validate that my baffle and water line placements are optimized. Is there any way to integrate this with the overmold simulation?

Regards,

Jeff

Message 4 of 4
madhukeshwart
in reply to: KaindlJ

Yes, You are right...!!

Cool + fill+ pack + over molding fill + overmolding pack + warp is not available in moldflow. 

Probably Autodesk team should develope the same.

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report