Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMSA workflow using AMA with AMI mesh

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Kocherperle
662 Views, 2 Replies

AMSA workflow using AMA with AMI mesh

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the workflow of using AMSA for ANSYS - I refer to AMSA 2012 and ANSYS 12.1.

Everything is working fine if I'm using only AMA. In this case my workflow looks like this:

Open project in ANSYS APDL --> export as .mpa project --> meshing and solving the model using AMA --> import solution using AMSA wizard and solve with ANSYS --> no problem at all

For most of our usual moldflow studies (= without AMSA) we are using AMI Synergy to create a refined mesh, export it as .amm and solve using AMA. Unfortunately, I've not yet succeded to combine this procedure with an AMSA analysis.

I tried the following workflow:

Open project in ANSYS APDL --> export as .mpa project --> delete the model geometry in the AMA project and re-add the same geometry as an opimized AMI mesh using an .amm-file --> solve using AMA --> import to ANSYS APDL via AMSA wizard fails due to a "not matching" model

I don't understand this error because the geometry I used for meshing with AMI is the EXACT SAME stl file which is generated by the AMSA export wizard.

So my final question is: Is it possible to use AMSA together with AMA AND an AMI mesh and if yes, how would the workflow look like?

Just to clarify, an AMI solver license is not available so using only AMI for solving is not possible.

Many thanks in advance,

Kocherpele

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
abakharev
in reply to: Kocherperle

I have not used AMSA for ANSYS for sometime but you certainly should be able to export ANYS mesh as an AMI project.

Message 3 of 3
TMarques
in reply to: Kocherperle

Hello Kocherperle,

I know it's been a while but...

Have you tried to:

Open project in ANSYS APDL --> export as .stl ->  meshing the model using AMI & export *.amm --> Import *.amm to AMA to solve -> import t import solution using AMSA wizard and solve with ANSYS

I don't have Ansys so I can't say that it will work, but it make sense to me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report