Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of Non-Sequential HRS over Sequential HRS?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mayur_dhumal
464 Views, 3 Replies

Advantages of Non-Sequential HRS over Sequential HRS?

Greetings,

Can any one explain advantages of Non-Sequential HRS over Sequential HRS other than injection time difference in Single Cavity mold?

Regards,

Mayur

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KaindlJ
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Mayur,

The major advantage is price and simplicity. A sequential valve gate system will require a controller and lengthy setup to ensure it is timed and plumbed correctly. The cheapest valve gate controller I can find is around $15,000 and that would be per press in a production environment. Add in at least 1 hour to mold changes to plumb the hydraulics and program the controller for the job being run. Then consider that the operators will require additional training to run a SVG system, and you'll see it's only economical for parts that must not have weld lines for cosmetic purposes or cannot be filled without SVG

Message 3 of 4
JayMuller
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Dear Mayur,

1: Foolproof (in production)

2: faster to get into cycle (in production)

3: shorter cooling time

4: cheaper - you won't need valve gates - torpedos would do

5: I think it should effect deflection, too. But that depends on the geometry if it is an advantage or not.

When I imagine a very huge part, filled with multiple injection locations and huge delay in sequence - then the temperature profile wouldn't be smooth and may cause more deflection.

Regards,

Jay

Message 4 of 4
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: JayMuller

Hello Jeff/Jay,

Thank you so much, Yes that's the exact answer i was expecting, this actually lost from mind over the time.

Best Regards,
Mayur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report