Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About time to reach ejection temperature result

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
inbasudhahar
723 Views, 4 Replies

About time to reach ejection temperature result

Hello,

Good day,

i have doubt in time to reach ejection temperature.

this result show in fill and cool analysis. this both the result show different result.

and total cycle time show in log is different.

which one i can take for my consideration or could you please explain about this.

thak you,

Regards,

inba sudhahar

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nordhb
in reply to: inbasudhahar

Hi,

the result are derivated differently, and a difference expected.

Cool: The Time to reach ejection temperature, part result
Shows the time required to reach the ejection temperature, measured from the start of the cycle.

At the start of the measurement, the part is assumed to be filled with material at its melt temperature (Tmelt).

Fill+Pack: The Time to reach ejection temperature result
Shows the amount of time required to reach the ejection temperature, measured from the start of fill.
If the part has not frozen by the end of the cycle time provided, a projected time to freeze is displayed in the result.
This result takes into account the dynamics of the packing phase, and where new hot material enters the cavity.
This new hot material affects the cooling time.

Which to take in to consideration depends on what you are analyzing.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 5
madhukeshwart
in reply to: nordhb

I agree with Mr. Berndt,

and what ever log shows is based on

1. cycle time provided in setting is less than required time to reach ejction temperature, then cycle time in log will increrase.

2. cycle time provided in setting is more than required time to reach ejction temperature, then cycle time in log will decrease

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 4 of 5
flowvee
in reply to: nordhb

Dear Berndt Nordh ,

As a user/molder my interest will be to interprete what is the time required to eject the part after cool.

I want to understand what is the importance of "Time to reach ejection temprature" under fill+pack.

How it is usefull in interpreting this result at fill+pack level

"The time to reach ejection temprature" from cool - states that

"it measures from the start of cycle and assumes part is filled at it's melt temprature."

the meaning of "start of cycle" - is it from cool cycle starts or fill starts ?

Best Regards

Veeshal S.   

Message 5 of 5
nordhb
in reply to: inbasudhahar

Hi,

if having no Cool analysis results, in Fill+Pack the set mold temperature is by default the same all over the cavity, at the cavity/mold interface. So no temperature variance and difference over the surface considered.
At Fill+Pack the melt temperature, that might change during the filling phase, is considered for this result.
This is a good starting point to get an understanding, as initially the cooling circuit design might not be available.

To interpret when to eject a part, one can use other results and input for the analysis.
For example,  time series result of temperature to get data on when a certain temperature is reached at certain position in thickness.
Sometimes users modifies the material data ejection temperature, which affects Time to reach ejection temperature result.

"The meaning of "start of cycle" - is it from cool cycle starts or fill starts ?"

> For the Time to reach ejection temperature, part result from Cool analysis:
Is from start of molding cycle. Meaning: closed mold, instantaneously filled with melt at the set melt temperature of the analysis. The specified contact time is Injection + packing + cooling time.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report