Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Time Problem. Pause Analysis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
edguy2112
447 Views, 1 Reply

A Time Problem. Pause Analysis

Hi!

Well, my question is:

I can pause an Analysis?.

In other words, I wanna pause the analysis today, turn off the computer; and tomorrow, turn on the computer, open the archive, and continue with the analysis. it's possible? without losing data?..... What is the way?

Thanks!

Mata

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
raalteh
in reply to: edguy2112

Good question, there is no 'pause' button in Moldflow, but I believe that for instance on my laptop, when I close it and it goes into hybernation and it starts in the morning, it continues the analysis.

Moldflow does have the concept of a restart file, where the software can restart from a previous time step. This is something that works in midplane/DD flow. If you make for instance a change to the packing profile, it doesn't restart the analysis. A 'Pause' analysis button would have to use this concept.

The restart file used to be something in 3D flow as well but it was removed becaus it caused a lot of stability problems, produced extremely large files (unavoidable).

Some variations of this request was made at two German user meetings; stop an analysis, make a change and continue without starting from the beginning. The context of this I believe was setup of valve gate timers.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report