Discussion Groups

Simulation Moldflow Insight

3 Posts
0 Kudos

Re: 3D MOLD MESH for a COOL (FEM) analisys (MoldlFlow 2012) problem in mesh crea

08-21-2013 03:30 PM in reply to: beto_pistola

Hi!

Yes, I set the property of the cooling channels to channel(3D) after the meshing. After the import the bodies are set to part property by MF, I meshed it first for the proper connection between the channels and the cores/cavities, then I set the properties. The runner and the sprue are also modeled in CAD, I didn't changed that properties. Can this lead to any failures? It is important to have a 3D mesh for the cooling channels, because I need proper results, so I can't use beams. I tried to import iges instead of step, but this doesn't either work, because the mesh didn't meshed one of the cooling channels. I also don't understand why the mesh log doesn't give any reason after the 3D mesh for the mold block is interrupted at 55%.

Regards,

Bela

3 Posts
0 Kudos

Re: 3D MOLD MESH for a COOL (FEM) analisys (MoldlFlow 2012) problem in mesh crea

08-21-2013 04:16 PM in reply to: zinkbela

in fact I never used 3D mesh for runners and cooling lines.

The property I am talking about is to set a property to that part. It is like to say to MF that part is a cooling channels and the other is the runner system.
I guess it need to be done BEFORE meshing. Bu I am not sure.

When I create channels with beams I drew the lines and set them to be a cooling channel (set a property - right click on the line). I dont know with its the same with a 3D mesh channel.

I had some identical problems with meshing as you mentioned. In my case, the mesh wasnt ok and I needed to repair it.
Did you you tried the mesh diagnosis?

3 Posts
0 Kudos

08-26-2013 09:07 AM in reply to: beto_pistola

Hi!

The problem was, that I didn't use the stitch contact interfaces command befor the mesh, this resolved every problem. Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Bela