Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Cool - Dumb question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
solymossy
510 Views, 1 Reply

3D Cool - Dumb question

Hi Guys!

What is the 0th second during a 3D Cool analysis? I've thought that it should be the start of the injection molding cycle. But the Temperature, part result shows a FILLED CAVITY at time 0. So if I check the log or the Time to reach ejection temperature result what times do I get? (I am a bit perplexed.)

Thanks,

Balázs

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nordhb
in reply to: solymossy

Hi,

the starting point of Cool solver is a cavity filled with melt at set melt temperature.
This to get a heat load and be able to run analysis. It will then iterate to a heat balance to converge (One can run a Cool analysis only).

The Ejection Temperature result is using a material data called  "Ejection Temperature" from Material data, tab Recommended Processing. When this temperaure is reached in analysis, time is recorded.

In Autodesk Moldflow Insight 2011
Time to reach ejection temperature, part result: shows the time required to reach the ejection temperature, measured from the start of the cycle.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report