I have imported a 3D mesh from Hypermesh, have a .nas extention. I used the mesh wizard to correct the mesh and then, even after putting the gates in the corresponding nodes, the "Start analysis" option is not enabled.
Is there any step I've been missing?
1. Imported mesh
2. Corrected mesh by using mesh correction wizard
3. Rotated the model to have the sprue positioned at Z
4. Click over the node for the injection point location
Please let me know if I'm missing something.
Solved! Go to Solution.
when importing a 3D tetra mesh in nastran format in needs to be refined.
After import, you see in study tasks and then mesh type symbol says "Refine mesh".
Double-click to enter to Generate Mesh and do a "Mesh Now".
When importing a tetra mesh, the refinement is needed to ensure the mesh quality criteria is met for 3D analysis.
When refinement completed, the mesh type symbol says "3D mesh".
After setting injection location, you can now run analysis.
1. Import nastran mesh
2. Refine mesh (Generate Mesh - Mesh Now)
3. Corrected mesh by using mesh correction wizard (if needed)
4. Rotate the model to have the sprue positioned in Z
5. Click the node for the injection location
Hope this solves your issue.
Thank you, it did, but the remesh made some tets with a very high aspect ratio and didn't started. I had to remeshe over and over again to have a good mesh, since the wizard couldn't repair the mesh.
Thanks for the info.