cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Analysis for mold heating up

New Analysis for mold heating up

HI everybody, 

in reality before you can start with injection moulding the mould has to be heatet up to working temperaturen.

And then starts the injection molding process.

With bad cooling layout you already get here very different mold surface temperatures.

Today cool fem starts with constant temperature in the mold and it calculates with cooling of the melt even when you start it from 25°C.

And this is not real.

So it would be very good if there is a new analysis sequence in moldflow, perhaps called mold heating,  

that calculates the temperature just in the mould prior starting a cool fem analysis from production start up and uses the temperature

distribution in the mold as starting boundary conditions for cool fem from production start up.

- more precise results for cool fem

- more precise warpage results

- getting real information how long it takes to get the mold to working temperature

- and how long it takes in njection molding to get a stable process 

Philipp

1 Comment
syful.mithun
Participant

Hi, I'm new user of moldflow. I'm doing a project using Moldflow. I would like to know how Moldflow treats the mold block. From Moldflow insight model I can see tempreture deviation in the block, also around the cavity of the part. But, there are no results showing about the mold block in Moldflow Adviser. Does both version use different boundary condition for heat transfer around the cavity? If you have any material on the solving technique of Moldflow please provide me. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report