cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging two nodes

Merging two nodes

Some times we may need to merge two nodes and the resultant node should form at the center of merged nodes.

is it possible to have a check box and if it is checked the resultant node will be at the center of merged nodes

Thanks

M P Pradeep Kumar

6 Comments
raalteh
Community Manager

I'll admis this is not exactly the same as the request of merging to a node in between, but in the insert nodes, there is an option to create a node in between two selected nodes (and it will fix up the mesh nicely).

The problem with the request in its current form is that it would require a special flavor of the merge nodes, specifically for two node merge (where we currently can merge many to one node). It would be unclear what to do in the 'many to one' node merge.

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Comments Requested

mppkumar
Advisor

we can insert a node between two nodes and merge the two nodes to the newly inserted node

but this takes more time if we intend to merge more nodes;

instead if we have a option of merging two nodes (only) and the resultant node will be the midpoint of the two nodes, this will save time

For "many to one node" merge, this option wont work. To avoid this scenario, we can have a check box, if it is selected need input of two nodes only

VittorioMarzona8253
Participant

I agree with the idea (I use this option as default inside Hypermesh in preparing mesh for MPI). To simplify the life, maybe the "Merge in between" could be only available with "Automatic apply" flagged.

mppkumar
Advisor

@vittorioMarzona8253

If you are agreeing with this option, please provide "kudos"... AutoDesk will implement the options with most kudos

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report