cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for Parametric Study - AMI 2015

Ideas for Parametric Study - AMI 2015

Hello,

I was taking a look at the Parametric Study, the new optimization tool in AMI 2015. In my opinion, it's an excellent feature, but I would like to suggest a few ideas in order to apply it in my daily activities.

First of all, the variables: I think more process settings should be added to the Parametric Study Builder. For example: in most of my simulations, I create four studies varying the packing pressure and the packing time. However, the pack/holding control settings do not appear on the Parametric Study Builder. Instead, only a very few filling options appear on it, such as Mold surface temperature, Melt temperature, Filling control, V/P Switch-over and the cooling time. It would be very interesting if all of the options in the Process Settings window could be altered in the Parametric Study Builder: not only the pack/holding control, but also the Warpage options ("consider mold thermal expansion", "consider corner effects").

Now, for the Comparison Criteria: I noticed that there isn't any option to change how you might want to analyze a criteria. Let me be more specific: when I'm analyzing the Temperature at flow front, I want to check its minimum value obtained in the simulation. However, the comparison criteria only offers to show the maximum value. This also applies to other criteria.

Also, when I'm analyzing the Volumetric Shrinkage at ejection, I usually generate a Path Plot with specific elements where the VS is greater than a specific value, and with that it's possible to analyze how the packing parameters can influence the results. If somehow, the user could define the elements to appear in the parametric results table, it would be very helpful.

If you have any doubts or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best regards,

Heitor

2 Comments
htr.carneiro
Explorer

Also, I would like to add that it would be very helpful if there was an easy command to show the studies generated in this feature on the "tasks" window.

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Great suggestions!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea