cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collapsed folders as default

Collapsed folders as default

When opening a project, all folders in the task pane expand fully by default.  In a project with a lot of studies, this can be a bit of a nuisance.  I usually have to collapse almost all the folder to get the most recent info visible within the window.  If the folders could reopen in the state (collapsed/expanded) in which they were when the project was closed, that would be ideal.  At the very least, making the default have a project open with all folder collapsed would be an improvement.

8 Comments
raalteh
Community Manager

Would sound like something for a user preference.  Other comments are welcome.

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Comments Requested

M.Brassel
Advocate

I would like to see something like this for the results of a study, too.

mayur_dhumal
Advocate

Yes, please make this idea into reality, but again make sure that when you implement these changes please allow to expand desired number of folders, becuase most of the time i have study files that i needed at some point of time in different folders & i want to compare these studies, so i need to see multiple folders at a time to locate my study files.

So just dont restrain/limit to expand only one Folder at a time.

Thanks,

Mayur

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please implement it.

First thing to do after opening a project: Collapse all folders.
After that you can see the newest study.

Thanks

Frank

dorinc
Autodesk

Hi Everyone,

Can I ask which version of Moldflow you are using, and whether you are using Insight or Adviser?

I have just tested this issue in the 2016 version of Insight and I see that all the folders are displayed in whichever confiuration I left them last time.  It remembers the last state of the folders in the Project Pane.  However, I can see that in some earlier versions the folders used to appear expanded by default.  I would be interested to know if anyone with 2016 is still seeing the behaviour of the folders appearing expanded by default (unless that was the state you left the folders in when you last closed the project).

Thanks,

Caroline

---

Principal User Experience (UX) Designer - Moldflow Products

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Caroline,

you are right. There is no issue in MPI 2016.

I think it´s OK.

Thanks,

Frank

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in 2017. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report