cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow importing multiple sdy files once, option to just import.

Allow importing multiple sdy files once, option to just import.

(Japser created it on behalf of Lu.)

Summary

The existing synergy can only import one sdy file once, can we make an improvement to allow the import dialog to select multiple sdy files and import them together.

Have an option that we just import the study while not open it immediately.

Problem or Reason

1/ We may use "runstudy" command to run multi studies, there is no "mpi" file created, so we need time to import them one by one at current GUI

2/ The other related improvement is when importing a sdy file, synergy always open the document. Sometimes I just want to import it but don't want to open it immediately as some files can be very large which can consume lots of memory and take long time to open. 

Solution proposed

I know there are some existing workarounds which can do the similar jobs above.

While we may:

1/ Allow user to select multi studies on Import dialog from GUI

2/ have an option at the import stage to allow us to control open or not open the document after importing it

idea_multi_import.JPG

1 Comment
M.Brassel
Advocate
Though I may find this option useful, I have some thoughts about it: When should the user be informed about possible problems during the import process? I think that synergy probably has to open the study and process it to verify everything is ok. If there goes anything wrong during import, the user would get feedback immediately or could decide on behalf of the then presented model. If otherwise the study would be imported silently, the user could be falsely thinking that everything is ok while it is not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report