Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML data option in Moldflow Adviser Ultimate

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
biab0900
823 Views, 5 Replies

XML data option in Moldflow Adviser Ultimate

Hi, is there any option XML data export in Moldflow Adviser Ultimate? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nordhb
in reply to: biab0900

Hi,
Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser has no option to export XML data, and is a limitation.

To do such an export of XML data and other formats you need Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Synergy.

Kind Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 6
biab0900
in reply to: nordhb

Hi Berndt, I am mechanical engineering student in Germany and will start my final thesis (we call it here Diplomarbeit) in March. My question: Do Autodesk offer Student License of Moldflow Insight or even Moldflow Synergy? Because I really need this software and I already downloaded Moldflow Adviser Student Version, which doesnt have XML export options.

Message 4 of 6
nordhb

Hi,

there is only a student free version of Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser Ultimate, which you have downloaded.

For Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Synergy (user interface) and Insight (solvers) you need an educational license.

Please, find a reseller in your area to help you:

http://www.autodesk.com/moldflow
To right, below of "Try or Buy": click Locate a Reseller

Kind Regards,
Berndt 

Berndt Nordh
Message 5 of 6
biab0900
in reply to: nordhb

Hi Berndt,

I have one more question: Can I produce a fiber orientation simulation in Moldflow Adviser Ultimate (of course without XML-Export option)? Because I have seen in http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/compare/index?siteID=123112&id=14920771 that this is supposedly possible. And then maybe I could import that model (UDM files) in Moldflow Insight in order to get fiber orientation tensors. TQ.

Message 6 of 6
nordhb

Hi,
yes, fiber flow solver is in  Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser Ultimate.
If the material is fiber filled, the fiber flow solver will consider fiber filled material and calculate fiber orientation and the mechanical properties for the warp solver.
The predicted fiber orientation cannot be plotted or exported from Moldflow Adviser.The udm-file is a model file, and does not hold result.

To plot fiber orientation and export results you need to run simulation in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight solver,
and plot result and export in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Synergy user interface.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums