Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warp result variation in log

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dinesh27mec
508 Views, 5 Replies

Warp result variation in log

Hi

For warp analysis, % of warp quality depicted in results log is different from what it shows in screen. Pls find attached image for reference.

Which values should we consider?

Dinesh Kumar D
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nordhb
in reply to: dinesh27mec

Hi Dinesh,
had a look on the picture, and what you see is correct I would say.

This is how it is derivated:
Log "Percentage exceeding Nominal max. deflection" = warpage indicator, the red part of label = 0% in your case
Log "Percent within Nominal max. deflection" = green + yellow part of label = 93.8% + 6.16% = 99.96%, seen as 100% in Log, so a round off and a very small discrepancy.

If you change reference from best fit to using reference points and/or changing the nominal max deflection for warp constraints, the warp indicator result will update, and the information in log as well.

From what I can see this work as expected.

Hope this explains.
Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 6
dinesh27mec
in reply to: nordhb

Hi Nordh,

As per warp result indication:

Green - within 80% of nominal max. deflection of part

Yellow - 80-120% of nominal max. deflection

Red- more than 120% of nominal max. deflection.

The attached picture has regions which are yellow in colour , which can be even 110% of nominal max. deflection. So how can we assume its within nominal max. deflection.

So instead of depicting  results this way in log sheet, it wil be useful if they can show it separately for  80-100%  and 101-120%.

Dinesh Kumar D
Message 4 of 6
nordhb

Hi Dinesh,

I could not see a picture attached to your post.

From the Nominal Max Deflection value (NMD), which you can set as well, you can calculate as for example:

NMD = 0.40mm

Green = from 0 to 80% of NMD = 0 to 0.32 mm

Yellow = from 80 to 120% of NMD = 0.32 to 0.48

Red = from 120 % of NMD and above = 0.48 and higher

You can change the NMD value, to better suit your analysis of warp indicator result.

If you want all of 0.40mm to be green, you need to set 0.5 as NMD, then 80% of 0.5 is 0.4mm.

Above 0.5 mm will be yellow.

Where to change:

Moldflow Adviser 2014 Warp NMD.PNG

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 5 of 6
dinesh27mec
in reply to: nordhb

Hi Nordh,

• I was referring to pic. attached in first pot.
  • We are following same procedure as you mentioned above to find warp deflection for a part.
  • But my question was related to result log,  as per plot there is about 6% of region in yellow region, which means it can vary from 80-120% of NMD.
  • But incase of result log:  %  exceeding NMD was 0%, but there are chance that the yellow regions can be denoting 110% of NMD also. So in this case how can result log say its not exceeding the NMD.
  • so to avoid this confusion why cant we have result log which can predict values 80-100 & 101-120% separately??

Dinesh Kumar D
Message 6 of 6
nordhb

Hello Dinesh,

thank you for clarifying this, and I do get the point.

Thank you for the suggestion.
I think you should raise it at the Simulation Moldflow Idea Station.
There is an online procedure in which you can directly raise enhancement requests/ideas for the Autodesk Simulation Moldflow products at the Simulation Moldflow Idea Station.

In Moldflow Adviser and tab Community, you have the button IdeaStation.

This links to Simulation Moldflow Idea Station

Here enhancement requests and ideas are posted, and users can vote by kudos.
The Simulation Moldflow IdeaStation is reviewed by Simulation Moldflow Development Team.

Review guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea.

For the NMD information in Log, I will discuss internally to see if this could be improved in some way to be more clear and concise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report