Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volumetric shrinkage

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alberto.capra
489 Views, 1 Reply

Volumetric shrinkage

Hi!

I'm a student of the University of Parma (Italy) and I'm doing an analysis to reproduce a molding process already done on a Negri Bossi.

The material used for these pieces is not listed so I took one similar (PC+ABS) and I edited the data sheet with some values that I know from mine.

In the panel "Shrinkage properties" I filled all the boxes. The medium shrinkage is about 0,5%.

I don't understand why when I do a pack analysis the value of the Volumetric shrinkage at ejection results higher than the maximum value (it results about 4%).

I try to change the packing profile but it has not changed significantly.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Alberto

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Alberto,

Yes, if material is not listed in Moldflow database then you can use a surrogate/alternate material. But when you do this, you should be aware that results will vary as compared to your actual material grade.

I would suggest using a CRIMS available material from the database. If i understood correctly you are saying that value of the Volumetric shrinkage at ejection results is higher than Max shrinkage values from material shrinkage properties, am i right?
In that case you have misunderstood shrinkage & Volumetric shrinkage. they both are different.

Regards,
Mayur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report