Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variation in results by rotating the part along XY plane

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dinesh27mec
412 Views, 3 Replies

Variation in results by rotating the part along XY plane

Hi

from one of our analysis, we have found that results varying for varying coordinates keeping same injection location.  How does it varies? reason for the same? I  have attached same analysis file.

Wating for reply

Dinesh Kumar D
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nordhb
in reply to: dinesh27mec

Hi,

I had a look of the provided studies, and they differ a little in mesh element numbers (there are about 69.000, and difference is 100) and slightly in node distribution on side of gate.

I am not sure of the model manipulation here, but the copied part has somewhat fewer elements.

The small difference in result is due to small difference in mesh, and running Automatic for fill settings when comparing.

I noticed that fill time and switch over was set to Automatic.

When comparing I would recommend to use the same values, and set a fill time and switch over.

Doing this, there is a very small difference of result and well within acceptance, I would say.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 4
dinesh27mec
in reply to: nordhb

Hi Berndt,

I agree with you that deviation are very small, but my concern was with symmetricity of the part. I meant to say you can find in one study injection pressure along the four edges are uniform, but in other case you can one edge alone varies from other  edges.

Also that is just an rectangular plate which was analysed to share with you, actually in one of our part we found these variations after changing there coordiantes along the XY plane:

Fill time: There was much change in the filling pattern, initially we found back fill phenomenon but after changing the coordinates wefound it was not  observed.

Injection Pressure: Deviation of 795Psi was found.

Temperature at flow front: This results were greatly influenced , before changing the coordinates we found one side of the part had lesser melt temperature compared to other. but after changing the coordinates we found there results were almost nowhere simliar to prior one.

Warpage: We found there was difference of 5% deviation in warpage quality of the part.

So it will be helpful for us to get better results if you can say a solution for this issue.

Dinesh Kumar D
Message 4 of 4
nordhb
in reply to: dinesh27mec

Hi Dinesh,

thank you for the information.

For your request about the specific part, please raise this as a technical support request
at the subscription center: http://subscription.autodesk.com/

An investigation of your part in more details can be done and to understand the issue. 

Kind Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report