Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vaccum port management and Epoxy database

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
511 Views, 3 Replies

Vaccum port management and Epoxy database

Hi,

I am doing my undergraduate senior design project. I was trying to use the Moldflow to simulate the resin flowing behavior inside the part. For my project, i am planing to use low-viscocity resin at room temperature operating condition. But, I am only finding thermoplastics in the library.Is there any way from where I could access/adding the data of Epoxy (for example:Infusion Resins ). Also, i only find the way how we set the inlet pressure port. Is there any way we can specify the vaccum port location? It seems we can not control the pressure outlet during the simulation.

Thank you

Yijun

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nordhb
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser is for thermoplastics simulation only, hence only thermoplastics material in the database.

For thermoset materials simulation you need Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight.

Compare Moldflow products here.

It sounds as the kind of simulations you want to do is suitable for Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight.

Please, see available molding processes here.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: nordhb

Hello Berndt Nordh. Can I simulate the vartm (vacuum assisted resin transfer molding)  procces with moldflow insight?

Message 4 of 4
genejiang
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, You can, you can use the RTM molding process in the AMI. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report