Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure at end of Fill Result

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
krisitn05
1025 Views, 2 Replies

Pressure at end of Fill Result

I don't understand why the part shows all blue in the pressure at end of fill result. I have modeled in a hot runner system and the pressure seems to be fine. The confidence to fill and part quality results show no sign that this part is defective. What else could cause this to happen?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MartinSchultz
in reply to: krisitn05

It could be that your plot results scale is not showing a very small pressure variation across the part. If you probe the pressure results on the part, is it actually 0, or very low? Also, try re-scaling the results display to show a pressure max of 1,000 psi. The results on the hot drop should disappear and you should be able to see if there is just a very low pressure variation over the part.
Message 3 of 3
SimonRichardson
in reply to: krisitn05

Hi Kristin-

Are you using the basic "just the Part Advisor" (Autodesk Moldflow Advisor) - or the full package Mold Advisor that is designed to handle cooling channnels and runner manifolds as well?

Looking at you picture it looks like you have the base package which is not equipped to analyse runner systems, or handle the different conditions generated by the plastic being forced through gates.

To get the pressure drop across the part, remove the runner from your part, and re- run the analysis with 3 gate points

Otherwise- maybe take the gates off your model so that moldflow does not see any restriction at the gates- ie the gates are the same size as the runners

I hope this helps-

S

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums