Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVerlaying results in Communicator

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dinesh27mec
793 Views, 5 Replies

OVerlaying results in Communicator

Hi

Can i  overlay results in communicator? For ex: i want to overlay weld line result to temeperature @ flow front.

when i tried it ..compare,overlay and quantify options are disbaled in my communicator.

Thanks

Dinesh Kumar D
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nordhb
in reply to: dinesh27mec

Hi,

you need to select Air traps or Weld lines plot first in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Communicator.

The Overlay button then changes from grey to active.

Click the Overlay button, and select result you want to overlay on Air traps or Weld lines.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 6
dinesh27mec
in reply to: nordhb

Hi,

Thanks for replying it worked. What about compare & quantify??

Dinesh Kumar D
Message 4 of 6
nordhb
in reply to: dinesh27mec

Hi,

for Compare, you need two studies in the .mfr file.

Before Publish > Results to MFR format , you need to select the two studies with results mark for export to be published.

Select first study, then Ctrl + LeftMouseButton for second study, then Publish > Results to MFR format to save to .mfr-file

Note: Only results files exported from Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight can be compared against criteria files using Quantify.

ASMA Help >  User's Guide > Results > Results files > Results files (Procedure) > Exporting results ...

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 5 of 6
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: nordhb

Hi Nordh,

Do you think the 'Overlay' has to be designed differently, i.e. Overlay button should be ACTIVE all the time, so whenever user needs to see such results :
1) Click on Overlay
2) Select the results you want to Overlay one after other.
Note: First result selected will be overlaid on the another.

Regards,
Mayur
Message 6 of 6
nordhb
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Hi Mayur,

thank you for the suggestion.
A good idea, and I think you should raise it at the Simulation Moldflow Idea Station.

There is an online procedure in which you can directly raise enhancement requests/ideas for the Autodesk Simulation Moldflow products at the Simulation Moldflow Idea Station.

In Moldflow Adviser or Moldflow Communicator and tab Community, you have the button IdeaStation.

This links to Simulation Moldflow Idea Station

Here enhancement requests and ideas are posted, and users can vote by kudos.
The Simulation Moldflow IdeaStation is reviewed by Simulation Moldflow Development Team.

Review guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea.

Thank you.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report