Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Error Message During Analysis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gshulman
375 Views, 1 Reply

Odd Error Message During Analysis

Hello all,

My company is currently running the 2012 version of MF Advisor, and I've come accross an odd error message. I have tried searching through the forums here, but haven't had any success finding comparable issues.

Basically, I have a part that imports into a project with no issue, but once an analysis is started, it comes up with the message in the attached image. Upon checking the summary, there is no explanation presented.

I ran another part from the same assembly (same material, similar size/design) with no issues.

I've tried re-importing a couple different versions, but I've had the same results and it is time consuming on our current computer set up to keep up a trial and error approach.

Has anybody seen anything similar, or have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nordhb
in reply to: gshulman

Hi,

as you found, this seems to be model related.
From picture this is a STL model. It looks a bit strange at large flat surface perimeter
Difficult to find reason without having the cad model.

One option could be to import the native cad geometry, without STL tessalation.
As you have Autodesk Moldflow Adviser 2012, you also have option to import CAD geometries directly.
With Autodesk Moldflow Design Link 2012, you can install the option to import .sat and .ipt to Autodesk Moldflow Adviser 2012, with no additional license required.

Check if your cad system can write to .sat or .ipt formats.
If not, you can install Inventor Fusion, where a number of formats can be read, and then export to sat-format.

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums