Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No effects after filler addition

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
atta85
462 Views, 3 Replies

No effects after filler addition

I defined my own material, PP + filler. I tried different fillers with different wt % but there is no difference in the results. All the parameters values come out to be same with and without fillers. I tried the fillers concentration from 10 to 50%. The fillers I tried include calcium carbonate, cermaics and carbon fibers.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nordhb
in reply to: atta85

Hi,

I am not sure of which result you refer to.

Changing the filler content for a material data set will no affect the viscosity coefficients.

The viscosity of a material is measured with a certain amount filler, hence kept.

Changing the filler content does not change the viscosity coefficients, hence flow result will look the same.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 4
atta85
in reply to: nordhb

Hi nordhb, Thanks for your reply.

I am talking about the results of "Fill time", "Confidence of fill"and "volumetric shrinkage". 

Which output parameters shoud really be affeted with the filler adition?

I mean what is the use of the filler addition if it has no effect on the general results?  

Message 4 of 4
nordhb
in reply to: atta85

Hi,

the material properties are normally tested in a lab.

Filler data information is used to direct simulation to use fiber solver, for fiber orientation and mechanical properites prediction, which affects warp results.

If you want to manipulate results connected to filling, then it is viscosity coefficients, thermal properties, PVT data.

The material properties is normally tested in a lab, and raw data measured is fitted to data file for simulation.

There is some information in this article that might be useful to you:

Material data is missing in Moldflow material database

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report