Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow Adviser 2014 Import .ipt error

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
970123s
956 Views, 10 Replies

Moldflow Adviser 2014 Import .ipt error

Hi

I have just installed student  moldflow adviser 2014 and wanted to go through the first tutorial "quick start filling analysis".  I have an issue when importing the tutorial file.

Import Wizard - Model selection

Import -> Panel.ipt (2014 version)

Moldflow Adviser error

"Autodesk simulation moldflow design link import failed.  Either autodesk simulation moldflow design link is not found, or the file type is not supported"

Any ideas?  maybe student license is the problem.

Thanks for any help

Andrew

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
kah.chong
in reply to: 970123s

Hi Andrew,

In general there should not be a difference in student license. We may need to gather more information in order to investigate the issue.

Is there a way that I could contact you ?

Kah Chong

Moldflow Meshing Team

Message 3 of 11
970123s
in reply to: kah.chong

Hi, please keep the contact on this post as it may help others. This is your first post also:)

Andrew

Trust no one team

Message 4 of 11
kah.chong

Hi Andrew,

Could you check if you have Simulation Moldflow Design Link 2015 installed and the subfolder of Simulation Moldflow Design Link 2015\bin\Inventor Server is not empty ?

Kah

Message 5 of 11
970123s

Hi Kah

I cannot find the Simulation Moldflow Design Link 2015/2014. I am actually using moldflow adviser 2014 not 2015.  I have attached an image of all autodesk products installed on my pc, hope this helps.

all autodesk installed files.jpg

Message 6 of 11
kah.chong

Hi Andrew,

Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Design Link 2014 is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk. Could you verify that ?

Thank you.

Kah

Message 7 of 11
970123s

Ok, checking the path you advised I can see that Inventor server is not empty. Image below;

Design Link.png

Message 8 of 11
kah.chong

Hi Andrew,

Could you do the following ?

1. Check values for "original", "current" and "installlocation" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Autodesk\moldflow design link\2014.

2. Goto Options dialog in Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Adviser 2014. Select "External application" tab. Confirm that the location and version of Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Design Link match to the location and version where your AMDL 2014 is installed.

Kah

Message 9 of 11
970123s

Hi Kah, I appriciate your ongoing support thank you.

I have posted the results of what you have asked. As I see it they do not match but will not change anything until you advise.

Results.jpg

Message 10 of 11
kah.chong

Hi Andrew,

Location in Options tab should be : c:\program files (x86)\Autodesk\Simulation Moldflow Design Link 2014\ .

Could you try if able to import the ipt file after you made the change ?

Kah

Message 11 of 11
970123s

Hi Kah, I have changed the path as advised.  It made no difference and same error comes up.

I think I may give up on this.

Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums