Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mold material won't change fill analysis

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
henriquehoff
707 Views, 3 Replies

Mold material won't change fill analysis

Hi!

I'm trying to simulate injection in a resin insert (digital ABS made by polyjet)
I created a custom mold material with its properties and then changed the mold material to do the fill analyse...

What happens: None of the results change if compared to the metal mold selected before.

Even if I change the mold material to one of those that came with the program, it won't affect the results.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The main effect of resin mold inserts is the heat transfer in the mold. Have you simulated the cooling? You might want to do not only the steady state mold heat transfer  (BEM cooling ) but also the transient mold heat transfer (FEM cooling).

There will be also effects due to the mold elasticity that you might simulate using the core shift analysis.

Message 3 of 4

But the fill analysis won't take the mold heat transfer as a parameter?

My insert doesn't have any cooling system... Without simulating one, will modflow ignore any mold parameter?

I'm sorry if these are basic questions, i'm just beggining to use this software.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4

I have not noticed that you posted this on the adviser forum, not insight. The available features for the advisers (ASMA) are very limited, I think you need Insight (ASMI) to predict something usefull for molds with resing inserts. If costs are an issue you could try the cloud version of the Autodesk solvers (A360). 

I am not an expert in the ASMA but I believe you should still be able to do some cooling analysis (and in advisers even without the cooling system modeled), that should allow you to catch the bulk of the polymer mold insert effects. I would still include some simple cooling system just to better evalute the effects of plastic.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report