Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvement please - Skin Orientation - display as arrows

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SimonRichardson
698 Views, 3 Replies

Improvement please - Skin Orientation - display as arrows

In older versions of moldflow Part advisor ( I think such as MPA7.3 - about 2-3 years old now) we were able to change the properties of the skin orientation display, so that we could get the display with arrows instead of just lines.

This was extremely useful when looking for a meld or back fill up to a weld.

Please can we get this option put back into the next release?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I would also like to see this return.
Message 3 of 4
raalteh
in reply to: SimonRichardson

Hi,

The direction of the flow can easily be derived from the filling pattern though. A nice way to do this is by overlaying the Orientation at Skin plot with the Fill time plot (which is actually what the Orientation at Skin plot is derived from).

To do this, first display the 'Orientation at skin' result and then Right click on the 'Fill time' result and select 'overlay'. To improve on this a little more, you can Right click on fill time plot once more, select 'properties' and the select ‘contour' as a display option. This will display the fill time plot as a contour plot. You can choose to increase the number of contours to get a little more detailed information to what is happening locally in critical areas.

I hope this helps

Edited by: raalteh on Jan 6, 2010 8:10 PM
Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for this-

so there is absolutely no chance of getting the arrows brought back? They really did make it a lot faster to see exactly what the flow was doing...........(and clearer......)

oh well - say good bye to more good functionality!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report