Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I change filling phase pressure

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
phongduong
836 Views, 3 Replies

how can I change filling phase pressure

Hi all,

In Moldflow Adviser, I can change maximum injection pressure and injection time. But I could not change injection pressure. Is it possible for me to do it in Moldflow Adviser?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nordhb
in reply to: phongduong

Hi,

in filling analysis in Autodesk Moldflow Adviser the filling phase is controlled by velocity (flow rate), and the way to set this is injection time (automatic or manually), that gives a flow rate from volume to fill.

One do not have injection pressure as an input for the filling phase.

For the filling phase Pressure is then a result depending on part geometry, gate location, material and process settings (injection time, temperatures).

Regards, Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 4
D.Huang
in reply to: nordhb

I'm trying to perform a moldflow analysis by inputing real life process settings from a vendor. How do I know the simulation is accurate if the predicted injection pressure from the analysis is far different than the real life value? Since Advisor does not allow the user to input an injection pressure (just the maximum pressure), what else can I do to better match all the real life molding parameters? The simulated fill time is also completely different than what it really takes to fill the part. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
MartinSchultz
in reply to: D.Huang

I have done a number of simple validation studies and usually the pressure results are not too far off (10-20%)  I start with the process sheet from the mold trial and input the parameters that I have control over (Melt temp, Mold Temp and fill time)  We do not typically use profiled injectionor profiled packing.  To match the pressure result to the press, you have to add the pressure loss at the nozzle (air shot) to the Moldflow peak pressure result.  For hard flowing materials that can be as much as 5,000 PSI.  The nozzle size on the press can make a big difference.

Take a look at this knowledge article: Matching a process in Moldflow

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report