Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get material from old material database.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
i.c.tenbrinck
635 Views, 4 Replies

Get material from old material database.

I'm redesigning a product which relies on being made whith quite a specific material made by Nova Innovene.

In the 2014 release of Moldflow the material database has been changed to exclude Nova Innovene materials (they are not producing anymore, but we've got tons of the material at the company).

Is there a way to get this bit of the old Moldflow database imported in the new one? (biggest problem being I don't have this bit of database in my possession).

I do have some specifications about the material, but not even close to the amount of data mentioned in the material database. I'm afraid that just altering a sort of simalar material with just the scraps of data I do have will create a non existant material.

In this link you'll see the message about deleting Nova Inoovene from the databases...

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Simulation_Moldflow_Adviser/enu/2014/Help/0000-What_s_N0/0009-Material9

Please help?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nordhb
in reply to: i.c.tenbrinck

Hi,

I had a look in material database of 2013 release.

Nova Innovene has one material with trade name: 546N

Searching on the same trade name in 2014 release it shows:

546N for manufacturer Styrolution

Material ID and Grade Code are the same in 2013 and 2014 release, so this seems to be same material with a change of manufacturer.

Please, double-check that this is the requested material for 2014 release.

Regards,

Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 3 of 5
i.c.tenbrinck
in reply to: nordhb

Thanks for the quick reply!

Alas it's not the same material, I was kinda fearing of that, but since I could not see what was deleted I held my hopes up...

I added the material data I have. I sencerily hope you could help me in some kind of way?
The material I use has been produced in '02 so it's going quite some way back...

If you compare the two datasheets you'll even see that they differ somewhat. Ik think the second one is leading since that's wat the manufacturer supplied. It's rather consise though

Regards,
Ivo
Message 4 of 5
nordhb
in reply to: i.c.tenbrinck

Hi,
I looked back a couple of releases but could not find the material Ineos Nova S-3207.
Not sure if it has been in official material database.

Recommed you to contact our plastics lab at:
datafittingmoldflow@autodesk.com
to see if this material is available at all.
If, then an udb-file can be returned to use for analysis.

Autodesk Moldflow Plastics Labs information at:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=13151393&siteID=123112&linkID=13030537 

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Nordh
Message 5 of 5
i.c.tenbrinck
in reply to: nordhb

Thanks Berndt,

I've sent datafitting an email. I hope they can find something similar or same 🙂

Regards,

Ivo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report