Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber orientation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jbb41
642 Views, 3 Replies

Fiber orientation

Hi,

I am using Moldflow simulation adviser 2015 (student download), and I would like to carry out a fiber orientation analysis. 

I've no issues with selecting a fiber filled material, however subsequent to this I have no options to carry out a fiber orientation analysis. 

I am able to view the orientation at the skin when using a dual domain mesh, though nothing through the part, nor with a 3D mesh.

Various help articles make reference to selecting the fiber material option in the process analysis window (http://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIWS/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-1275F96D-D861-4AA3-A027-EE5E58652D77)

And the fiber orientation dialogue box. None of this seems to be available - see screenshot attached.

My question does not appear to be answered by the other fiber orientation queries, so any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks,

Jacob

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
raalteh
in reply to: jbb41

Hi Jacob,

Fiber orientation IS calculated for, and considered within the Moldflow Adviser warpage analysis, but the fiber oreintation itself is not displayed.

The Moldflow Insight product line is a tool for more full time analysts, and within the that product line we do display the fiber orientation results. The help topic you are refering to is actually from the Moldflow Flex product, whichis based on the Insight product line, which has the fiber orientation display capabiltiy

I don't know if  your school has access to Moldflow Insight, but that would be your tool of choice for fiber orientation.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Message 3 of 4
jbb41
in reply to: raalteh

Hi Hanno,

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if there was meant to be a link at the end of your sentence: "The help topic you..."?

I'm presuming Moldflow Adviser warpage analysis is only accessible in Adviser Ultimate.

Jacob

Message 4 of 4
raalteh
in reply to: jbb41

Sorry for the truncated sentence in my earrlier response. I fixed this.

THe warpage capabilities are only accessible within Adviser Ultimate, you are correct.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report