Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluate Weldline

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lichpv88
790 Views, 4 Replies

Evaluate Weldline

Plz explain for me about weldline

My result is: 

(Red color) : 135 (deg)

(Blue) : 1.18 (deg)

how can i understand about deg?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lichpv88
in reply to: lichpv88

weldline.png

Message 3 of 5
Alex.Bakharev

Weldlines are formed when two flow fronts meet together. The properties of the weldline depends upon the angle between the flow fronts. If they meet head-to-head then the angle is zero and the weldline is very prominent. If there is some anglr between the flow fronts then the weldline is less promeinent (and its strength is higher), sometimes such weld lines are named meld-lines. If the angle is above ~135 degrees then usualy the weldline is not visible and if the angle is 180 degrees then there is no two fronts to meet - just one smooth flow front.

I will illustrate this concept using a mold for disk-like parts with three gates. The flow fronts look like this:

flowfront.jpg

They originally meet head-to-head halfway between the gates, closer to the center of the disk and to the rim of the disk the angle is lower and near the rim the flow fronts join together and are almost smooth.

The weld lines result look like:

weldline.jpg

Halfway between the gates the angle is almost zero (the weld lines are plotted blue) indicating that they are the most prominent (the strength of the weld is the lowest) there. near the center of the disk and closer to the rim the weld lines are ploted red - they are less prominent (the strength is higher), finally there is no weld lines near the rim as the flow fronts there are almost smooth.

Message 4 of 5
lichpv88
in reply to: Alex.Bakharev

Hi Alex,

I am really clear about weldline. 

Thanks so  much!

So, if you want to improve weldline, normally how did you do?

Message 5 of 5
dinesh27mec

Hi,

To improve the weld line strength you can try for

• Increase melt temperature 
  • Increase mold temperature 
  • Increase gate size 
  • Change the injection location in such way that angle at which two flow fronts meets is not between 120-135 deg.
Dinesh Kumar D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report