Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 99773

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
532 Views, 1 Reply

Error 99773

I have a 3D part which was an imported STL from Solidworks.  I had to heal several faces to make it a solid before creating STL.

Now, I am getting error 99773 in MoldFlow Advisor when running a fill study. 

The solver warning says " ** ERROR 99773 ** Part of the model is not reachable from any injection location.

The anaylsis does not complete I think due to this error.

I went to the error messages in the help section and it says:

• Check the geometry of the model for zero thickness areas that the polymer cannot reach.
  • Check the geometry of the model for detached sections.
  • Run a mesh connectivity diagnostic. Repair the mesh or purge unneeded nodes.
  • Add an injection location

This is an exsting part, so I cant add another injection location.

How do I check for zero thickness within Moldflow Advisor?

How do I run a connectivity diagnostic and repair the mesh?

Help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
qatesting
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Harold,

Advisers tries to create an analysis of any part that is given to it. Now in the backgound the program creates an FEA mesh that is produced automatically. So on the part that you have loaded there must be an issue in that it has created some mesh which has collapsed or created a small seperate mesh solid somehow.

So how to go forward on this? Give the MPA model to someone with Autodesk Insight/Synery they will be able view and fix this mesh problem. As Synergy has advanced features which allowes for editing and creating a perfect mesh by the user.

Hope this helps and sorry I didn't notice the issue earlier.

Regards

Quentin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report