Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Domain or 3D analysis

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
932 Views, 4 Replies

Dual Domain or 3D analysis

Hi,

I did simulations for bell shaped part with walls of different thickness. Wall thickness ranges from 1,5 mm to 3 mm at the bottom of the bell, 4 to 5 mm in middle, 6 mm at the top of the bell. Part also has some thin walled ribs inside. I did two types od simulation - first with dual domain analysis, second one - 3D analysis. Average temperature differs the most - about 50 deg C. Pressure at end of fill differs about 4 MPa, 28 MPa for dual domain, 24 MPa for 3D. Which analysis is more reliable in this case. Import wizard advises using dual domain analysis.

Thanks for Your help.
Marcin
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OlafSchneider7067
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Marcin,

from what you are saying, the model in general should be suitable for the DD Technology.
Does the difference in Temp only happens in some regions, (hot spots) so it might be an meshing issue?
What CAD data input did you use? STL, native CAD data? With STL, AMA might have a problem remeshing the high aspect ratio facets from the STL mesh.

Regards and happy XMas

Olaf
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks Olaf,

As You suggested probably the mesh caused the problem. Difference in temp isn't global but happens in small regions ( 3 thin bolts of diameter 1,5 mm, 4 mm high, at the bottom of part). Mesh was created with edge length of 1 mm. Should I decrease edge length to solve the problem?
I imported data from x_t file created in SolidWorks2009SP3.0.

Regards and happy Xmas
Marcin
Message 4 of 5
OlafSchneider7067

Hi Marcin,

did you use Synergy to create the mesh?
If yes, try to reduce mesh size in these regions locally and check the elment thickness and mesh matching in Synergy.

Best regards

Olaf
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: OlafSchneider7067

repair the mesh and go for DD for such  article

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report