Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2014 is available right now!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
raalteh
1338 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2014 is available right now!

Dear Moldflow users,

I'm happy to let you know that Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2014 products are available for download from subscription center right now! All customers with active subscription on their Moldflow products should have the 2014 products added by now. When the 2014 product is added, the contract manager will receive an email with instructions, a product key and a serial number.

• New product orders processed as of 3/28 will get the 2014 release.
  • Users that have active subscription on their Autodesk Simulation Moldflow product can go to subscription center, and log in, then click  'get my upgrade', then look for your Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2014 product.
  • Users that get their product delivered per DVD will need to wait a few extra days for the DVD to be delivered to them.
  • The release is currently available in English and Japanese. Customers that have their language in Subscription set to any other language than English or Japanese, will have to switch the language to either English or Japanese on the download page (see below) in order to see the product! 

• Additional documentation, validation documents and Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 for Abaqus and ANSYS will become available onsubscription center shortly.
  • This years’ release does no longer contain Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Design Link as a product. The CAD translators are now included within Synergy, Adviser and CAD doctor,  and are no longer available for sale or for subscription renewal.
  • You will have several ways to download and install your product: Download Now, Browser Download and Install now.

The Install Now and Download Now option ONLY contain the Moldflow components and is a smaller download. For Synergy and Adviser, the Browser Download option is bigger and ALSO contains the Inventor Fusion and Vault Client download. The frist step in the installation process of the moldfow product is an extraction of the installation content in a folder in C:\Autodesk. In this folder you will find the Inventor Fusion and Vault Client installer.

Installation_Fusion_and_Vault.JPG

As with previous releases, once you receive your product serial numbers please contact our Registration and Activation group to get your new licenses generated. This can be done online (Register), per phone (800-551-1490), or per email (authcodes@autodesk.com).

After you have your new product licenses, you can complete your product installation as well as configuration of your license service and begin using the Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2014 products.

Best regards,

The Moldflow development team.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MarkMcDonald6284
in reply to: raalteh

I am having a problem with the 2014 version of the software.  When I import a udb file for the material I want to run I get this error message.  If I run the same material in the 2013 veresion of the software it runs fine.  Any ideas of what is going on?  The material I'm running is PRC25MG3 from Washington Penn.

Thanks

Mark

Solver warnings ** ERROR 99596 ** The aspect ratio value in the filler/fiber properties of the selected material is outside the expected range. If the aspect ratio is very short or very long, there may be numerical computational difficulties in the simulation. The default fiber aspect ratio is 25. Please correct the value and re-run the analysis.

Message 3 of 3
raalteh
in reply to: MarkMcDonald6284

Hi Mark,

The error message is something that the solver does to check if the material input is reasonable. In your case, it seems to have run into a problem.

The problem is that this SHOULD be 100% repeatable. I tried to select the material from our 2014 database and ran it in both Dual Domain and 3D and it does NOT produce the error for me. I also looked at the data itself and it looks reasonable (one of the material is a talc, with a very low aspect ratio).

A few questions:

1) did you select the material in 2014 (and run the analysi sin 2014?) or did you use a model that was created in 2013 (with a 2013 material) and then run it in the 2014 release? That could be the source of your issue, as out material is version dependent. The fix is easy: reselect the material in 2014.

2) did you by any chance modify the material? If so, you may have deletec something.

These are first things that come to mind. if you see further problems, please contact support and they can have a look at this.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report