Discussion Groups

Simulation Moldflow Adviser

Board Manager
raalteh

Autodesk Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 is available on subscripti​on center.

1215 Views, 3 Replies
04-11-2013 02:52 PM

Dear Moldflow users,

Autodesk Moldflow Structural Alliance (AMSA) 2014 for Abaqus and ANSYS is available on subscription center.

The injection molding manufacturing process influences the structural properties of a plastic product. Often assuming that the properties are isotropic and uniform for a structural analysis is incorrect. AMSA can enhance the accuracy of structural analysis of plastic parts in Abaqus and ANSYS by providing these programs with the properties of the injection molded product, as predicted by Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight or Adviser.

The product is available from subscription center for customers with active subscription on Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Insight 2014 or Adviser 2014. After logging into subscription center, you can find the pages 'Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 for Abaqus' and 'Autodesk Simulation Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 for ANSYS' in the 'Product enhancements' section. (You need to be logged into subscription center to follow the links).

Supported versions of ANSYS are:

• ANSYS Classic 12.1 and 14, 32- and 64-bit versions
  • ANSYS Workbench 12.1 and 14, 32- and 64-bit versions 

Supported versions of Abaqus are:

• Abaqus (Standard) 6.10-2 and 6.12-1, 32- and 64-bit versions

Best regards,

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager for Autodesk Simulation Moldflow products
Please use plain text.
GMC75

Re: Autodesk Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 is available on subscripti​on cen

05-21-2013 04:40 AM in reply to: raalteh

Hello Hanno,

just a question: I use ansys workbench 14.5 as a computational tool in my job. One of our supplirs uses moldflow for developing some parts. Should I need to connect the two softwares, do I have to ask the supplier to upgrade his MF or do I have to buy the connector for my Ansys?

Please use plain text.
Board Manager
raalteh

Re: Autodesk Moldflow Structural Alliance 2014 is available on subscripti​on cen

05-21-2013 08:53 AM in reply to: GMC75

Hi,

Very interesting question! AMSA does not require a license and is not sold. Assuming the customer has either Adviser Ultimate, Insight Premium or Ultimate, on actieve subscription, the customer should have access to AMSA from subscription center, as a subscription advantage product.

Before we allow the customer to download the AMSA for ANSYS, the customer has to testify that they own an orriginal copy of ANSYS. They are allowed to run it using their copy of ANSYS, but should not re-distribute this further.

I'm asuming you don't own Moldflow yourself, the lowest cost product that provides access to AMSA is Adviser Premium.

I hope this helps.

Hanno

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager for Autodesk Simulation Moldflow products
Please use plain text.
GMC75

05-22-2013 04:41 AM in reply to: raalteh

Hanno,

thank you for your reply. We don't use Moldflow here, but we do have Ansys. Our suppliers get the ProE file of the plastic omponents from our R&D Dept., they use it into moldflow for developing the dies. Now, I need to import material properties into Ansys in order to assess component' structural reliability.

If I understood correctly, we should buy MF or ask the supplier to do the job (FEM) for us, right?

Regards,

Marco

Please use plain text.